We teach all our quarterbacks to “Play out of your Mind” – dual meaning: First meaning: Normalize the abnormal. Pass for outlier stats – #groundbreaking stats that have never been achieved, the kind that people think youâ€™re lying about. Second Meaning: Play out of your conscious mind. Be governed by your subconscious mind.
Thereâ€™s a third type of #OutofYourMind that I have taught our assistant coaches for decades, the type of #OutofYourMind thinking that will make you a QB Killer:
- Youâ€™re out of your mind if you think an amateur QB can make all conventional, conscious, complex decisions you throw at him. For example: the conventional read progression to find open receivers.
- Youâ€™re out of your mind if you think an amateur QB will develop 5th Degree Survival Instincts and Intuition by practicing soft – by practicing half-ass and half-speed.
- Youâ€™re out of your mind if you think an amateur QB will develop #RDM – Rapid Decision-Making – by teaching a conventional playbook that relies strictly on memorization & recall instead of interpretation & application.
- Youâ€™re out of your mind if you think an amateur QB will reach full potential by learning one play at a time instead of a #System through Contextual Teaching & Learning.
- Youâ€™re out of your mind if you think an amateur QB will build 5th Degree High-Performance without elevating his Reality IQ.
- Youâ€™re out of your mind if you think an amateur QB will play out of his mind if you control every play called even when your QB becomes a veteran who has mastered your system.
No position in all of sports is more dangerous to play than quarterback.
No position in all of sports is tougher to master than quarterback.
No position in all of sports requires a higher Reality IQ than quarterback.
No position is all of sports requires more high-speed processing of high-volume complex information than quarterback.
No position in all of sports requires faster RDM – Rapid Decision-Making – than quarterback.
No sport cannibalizes a position more with incompetent teaching than football does with quarterbacks, at all levels.
A 5th Degree High-Performance QB will build a dynasty. Guaranteed. Building aÂ 5th Degree High-Performance QB doesn’t just happen. Contrary to popular bullshit,Â 5th Degree High-Performance QBs are not born. They are built.
Continued in part 3
Blessings + all good things