Announcement: L.I.F.T program starts today. Longhorn Iron Football Training. Two goals: (i) he who lifts most, wins most. (ii) 225 reps bench press + 225 squats contest. Player of the month award for top lifters in both lifts. Send a video of your monthâ€™s personal best. Results will be posted. 3 bodyweight classes: under 200 lbs, 200-240, 240-plus, and overall pound-for-pound winner. The L.I.F.T. program guarantees improvement in both lifts. 100% guarantee. Contact me for Phase 1 workouts.
Here are the details:
1. L.I.F.T program starts January 1, 2013. The program continues throughout the year. All 12 months.
2. L.I.F.T. stands for â€œLonghorn Iron Football Training.â€
3. Two goals: (i) he who lifts most, wins most. Lifting and football go together like skating and hockey. Nothing affects winning and losing more than lifting. Strength and weakness are the differences between winning and losing. When you start caring about your strength, you start winning. Strength translates to speed and iron-will. Getting stronger makes you get faster and last longer. (ii) 225 lbs reps bench press and 225 squats monthly contest. There is a direct correlation between the number of reps you can bench press and squat and football performance. I have decades of evidence to prove it. How much you can lift determines where you rank â€“ average, below average, or above average. Ordinary, below ordinary, or extraordinary. The number of reps at 225 shows measures â€˜strength-endurance,â€™ and indicator of how long your strength will last on one play and how many quarters you will last and stay strong. He who stays strongest the longest wins. Guaranteed. The weak lose.
4. The most reps at 225 lb bench press and squats wins. There will be Player of the Month award for top lifters in both lifts.
5. Send a video of your monthâ€™s personal best to Coach Arcaro at any time during the month.
6. Rules are simple:
– a. make sure you have a spotter for both lifts
– b. bench press â€“ (a) bar must contact the chest (b) full arm extension.
– c. squat: (a) 90 degrees. (b) Don’t need ass to the ground.
– Results will be posted.
– 3 bodyweight classes: (i) under 200 lbs (ii) 200-240 (iii) 240-plus. And, there will be an overall pound-for-pound winner every month.
– send a video to Coach Arcaro any time during the month, as many times as youâ€™d like until the end of the month.
7. I can provide you workout programs that are guaranteed to improve both 225 bench press and squats. Itâ€™s worked for countless athletes Iâ€™ve coached, male and female. Itâ€™s never failed with those who have fully committed. The L.I.F.T. program guarantees improvement in both lifts. 100% guarantee. Contact me for Phase 1 workouts.
8. Players are welcome to attend training session at X Fitness where I can teach Phase 1 of the workouts. Or, if we can find a gym in Oakville/Burlington, I’ll do the session there.
9. The 225 L.I.F.T. program is the #1 factor that determines who wins championships.
Blessed New Year to all.
Head coach â€“ Oakville Longhorns football