Thank you for all your #business questions this past week about owning a gym and how to handle government shutdowns. Here are some of the answers to specific questions:
20 years of owning my gym, X Fitness, has taught us the following:
- Two shutdowns in less than one year can build up killer business pressure that will cause havoc on mind-body-soul health unless you fight back hard. Nothing is worth killing your health over. Fighting killer shutdown pressure is a matter of life and death. Fighting the killer shutdown pressure requires every life&death lesson learned in the past.
- I fight the killer pressure of gym shutdowns the same way I fought frontline pressure in policing, college teaching, coordinating college program, football coaching, and serving 20 years as a gym owner – with extreme workouts. My workouts are life-savers – multiple meanings.
- Nothing endures without ideological consistency. Change what needs to be changed to grow. But Base Beliefs have to be solid. Ideology Shakes are big mistakes. Big mistake to let pressure shake your ideology. If it shakes, you break.
- Working out is one of my top 26 Existential Essentials. Existential Essentials are a matter of life and death. The belief that working out is not essential is evidence of arrogance and ignorance. No human has the authority to tell another human constitutes an Existential Essential.
- Just because you don’t do it, doesn’t mean no one else should.
- Just because fear doing it, doesn’t mean its wrong to do it.
- I’ve been blessed to have a 51 year workout streak. I’ve been blessed to have coached female and male students & athletes in the gym for 45 years. I have witnessed the workout mind-body-soul transformation. I have witnessed the unmeasurable positive impact that working out has had on student-athletes lives. I don’t need studies & stats. I have eyewitness evidence.
- My biggest business mistake was trying to build artificial business/customer relationships. I went from building bodies & minds to building superficial customer relationships. I paid for that mistake in mind-body-soul and financially.
- The most powerful relationships are those that build #LaFamiglia.
- There are teams and there is #LaFamiglia. One breaks, the other doesn’t. Building #LaFamiglia has been our solution to fighting killer business pressure and the solution to winning big on the field, in the field.
X Fitness has been committed to giving free coaching for athletes & coaches for 45 years. This #podcast is episode #1,119 compliments of X Fitness at: https://blunttalk.libsyn.com/1119-la-famiglia-gino-arcaro
Here is a Motivational Video at: https://www.facebook.com/435597646542270/videos/3195584347210239
More motivational videos are at our Instagram acct: https://www.instagram.com/xfitnesswelland/?hl=en
And on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/xfitness.welland
Blessings and all good things