Thank you for all your #business questions this past week about owning a gym, how to handle government shutdowns, and how to sell books on social media. Here are some of the answers to specific questions:
20 years of owning my gym, X Fitness, and 23 years of writing and publishing 62 books has taught us:
- Social media is useless to generate income, profit, customers, and lasting meaningful relationships. I’ve taught football players, college law enforcement students and women lifting teams for 45 years – waste your life #online or train for the frontline. Those are 2 choices you face every day. 98.6% of our social media time has been a colossal waste of money, time, and energy. All our gym business and publishing business has been off-line – live, person-to-person communication without social media.
- I’ve taught over 25,000 student-athletes that #online time is one of the top 26 distractions that will break you dreams and make you go broke in mind-body-soul.
- Two government shutdowns in less than one year has forced us to innovate. The conventional gym model is broken. We have devised a new one.
- Linkedin has made us a Customer Target. Not one day goes by without our Linkedin account being swamped by someone selling something. We are targeted as a customer every single day but no one is a buyer. Not one one person has ever bought anything from my gym or publishing company through Linkedin. They want us to buy but they won’t buy from us.
- We have never sent a Linkedin connection to anyone, ever. Our entire Linkedin network has been built on connections sent. Over 90% of people who send Linkedin connections to us are selling costly services and products. They send sales pitches despite our reply that we can’t afford it because of our 2nd government shutdown. Less than 10% acknowledge that we cannot afford to buy anything because we are earning nothing.
- We continue to post on social media for one reason – to continue my coaching mission: to lift student-athletes for free like we have done for 45 years. We encourage parents to share our social media posts with their children. But we are speaking directly to student-athletes. That’s it. No one else.
- We are changing our business model to solve the disaster of 2 government shutdowns.
- Even though social media has made us targets for perpetual sales pitches, we continue our coaching mission to lift student-athletes in mind-body-soul.
- We will continue to sell books the pre-Internet Way that has worked for us 100% of the time and built bestsellers.
X Fitness has been committed to giving free coaching for athletes & coaches for 45 years. This #podcast is episode #1,118 compliments of X Fitness at: https://blunttalk.libsyn.com/1118-reallifedeath-coach-living-for-money-gino-arcaro
Here is a Motivational Video at: https://www.facebook.com/435597646542270/videos/3195584347210239
More motivational videos are at our Instagram acct: https://www.instagram.com/xfitnesswelland/?hl=en
And on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/xfitness.welland
Blessings and all good things