We never have run a trick play during my 40-year football coaching career and never will. There are Zero Trick Plays in the SWAT No-Huddle Offense. Here’s why:
- I coach in Athletic Poverty. Trick plays need serious reps to master them. I don’t have the time or assistant coaches to invest reps into trick plays.
- I coach The Least from scratch. 100% of our reps have to be invested on Straightforward Plays – the fundamental strengths of our offense.
- The energy in mind-body-soul invested into trick plays needs to be invested in our strengths – our Straightforward Plays.
- Trick Plays send a bad message to our players and to the other team – that our strength is not enough. Trick plays broadcast that deception is needed instead of running over the the other team.
- Trick plays break our focus of beating the other team on S.E.T.S. – Strength-Execution-Training-Stamina
Blessings + all good things
Gino Arcaro M.Ed., B.Sc, NCCP level 3