After reading this article, http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1239000–people-who-don-t-join-facebook-are-suspicious-say-pundits I wish that the English language would recognize the word â€œstupidest.â€ What harm would there be to say â€œThis is the stupidest article of 2012. Maybe ever.â€
I posted the following comment on Facebook on our X Fitness Welland page and I chose to be grammatically correct:
“Absurd. Dumb & Dangerous. Dumbest article of the year. Dangerous stereotyping by the clueless.”
Hereâ€™s the only response that was received:
â€œHow much are your fat burners and do thay (sic) really work ,thanks.â€
Not sure what the relevance was to my post but I posted the following response:
â€œSorry, don’t sell fat-burners. Never have sold fat-burners or used them, never will. The real fat-burning secret is proper nutrition and exercise including lifting. Thanks for the post.â€
Two people pressed â€œlike.â€
Hereâ€™s the longer version of what I wanted I really wanted to post:
The true secret to fat-burning is psychological and physiological. I beat childhood obesity using the following:
- Motivation. Fat-burning starts at the top â€“ mindset. Attitude. You have to need it. My life-long battle with fat is driven largely by two words â€œFat-fuckâ€ and â€œchickenshit.â€ Thatâ€™s what prompted me to lose childhood obesity. I heard those two words at halftime of my little-league football game that I was playing in. Both words came out of assholes. The first by a loud-mouth running back who was protected by nepotism. His dad was one of the â€œcoachesâ€ (I use the term loosely.) The second came from another â€œcoachâ€ who centered me out during his halftime speech. My obesity and lack of fortitude apparently were the reasons why we were losing. Everything truly does happen for a reason. It started a 43-year streak of uninterrupted working out. I am a voracious reader. I have read countless books. Iâ€™ve never read about the benefit of a â€˜chip on the shoulder.â€™ Generally, I read about pink-bubble, fluffy positive thinking bullshit. I canâ€™t recall ever reading about letting what pisses you off motivate you. But thatâ€™s what I truly believe in. Sustainable motivation comes from not wanting to repeat a dark part of the past. Itâ€™s worked out for me. Anytime I see my abs getting cloudy, I get pissed off. I call out the past. Never fails.
- Stop eating junk food. I love food thatâ€™s no good for you. I eat some once in awhile. Otherwise, I follow a Spartan nutrition plan. Eating is a full-day event for me. I reload with protein as often as possible. Every three hours. But I sneak in some junk. Getting rid of junk food is the top secret for fat-burning.
- Stop getting hammered. I donâ€™t drink alcohol. I stopped drinking 35 years ago for a number or reason bust the main reason was it made me fat and it interfered with working out. I donâ€™t miss alcohol. Alcohol makes you fat. Iâ€™m not trying to be the moral arbiter of society. Just stating a fact. Not getting hammered is another top secret of fat-burning.
- Lift hard, run lots. Consistent, intense physical exertion is the other top secret of fat-burning. No way around it. Iâ€™ve heard all the excuses â€“ kids, jobs, injuries. No sympathy from me. I helped raise three daughters. Iâ€™ve worked multiple jobsÂ my whole adult life. Canâ€™t remember the last time I was 100% pain-free. And I’ve worked out my whole adult life. Iâ€™m blessed to have a fire deep inside, thanks to two assholes who changed my life.
- X Fitness never has and never will sell fat-burners. I have never taken a fat-burner and never will. There are no shortcuts to losing fat. There are no shortcuts to staying in shape. The truth hurts.