A no-huddle offense that runs out of gas is deeply and profoundly embarrassing. A no-huddle offense that tires itself out is dangerous to health in mind-body-soul. A no-huddle running out of gas exposes gross negligence and incompetence by coaches & players. Here’s what I’ve taught my teams for 40 years:
- no-huddle teams have 2 choices – #RunIt or #RunOut.
- Running out of gas is not an option. It’s not a choice. Its non-negotiable, non-discretionary.
- Preventing the embarrassment of running out of gas requires more work than you’ve ever done.
- You make a choice – commit or quit. You won’t get cut. You cut yourself or you make the cut.
- The toughest exercise of all is free will.
Building a warp-speed no-huddle offense sounds like fun until its time to #Run – multiple meanings:
- run more than you’ve ever run in practice or in your life.
- run the ball with equal proficiency as passing the ball.
- running plays on #GameDay without taking any timeouts – officially or unofficially.
- Running plays in practice without taking any timeouts – officially or unofficially.
- Think faster than you’ve ever thought.
- Fight faster than you’ve ever fought.
- Teach faster than you’ve ever taught.
- Learn faster than you’ve ever learned.
- Work harder than you’ve ever worked.
- Work even harder than you worked yesterday.
The following are the key points that we teach our players and coaches about SWAT No-Huddle ideology and philosophy:
- The most important word in building a #championship no-huddle offense is work.
- No-huddle Offense is code-word for work. There’s nothing sexy or glamorous about warp-speed no-huddle. It’s hard work.
- The faster a no-huddle is intended to run on #GameDay, the more work is required in mind-body-soul.
- Working more means working overtime – dual meaning. Working harder and harder over a long period of time. Overtime means working beyond the normal workload by overloading for longer periods of time than the rest.
- Overtime Work means more quality & quantity of reps, more #HarderReps.
- #HardReps are a Darwinian selection process that separates the strong from the rest – dual meaning.
- #HardReps ignite the highest level of fight or flight.
- Those who are unwilling to invest in #HardReps cut themselves. We don’t cut anyone.
- Our SWAT no-huddle routinely achieves #Over80 – more than 80 offensive plays per game.
- #Over80 means more work – more work than football players are conditioned for and have trained for.
- #Over80 translates into playing a double-header.
- More #GameDay plays translates into more Reps, more development than dramatically increases player development to the #NextLevel.
- #Over80 requires No-Break offensive drives – dual meaning – that require No-Break strength & conditioning.
- #Over80 causes Culture Shock.
- Culture Shock is caused by the dramatic increases in #Workload.
- A warp-speed no-huddle offense represents a huge increase in #Workload. Without increasing workload in practice, its impossible to achieve high-quality increased workload on #GameDay
- When your no-huddle operates by the Over 80 Rule – over 80 plays per game – it’s humanly impossible to run a winning no-huddle without training for that level of work and speed.
- Our SWAT no-huddle system is a mentality, a lifestyle – dual meaning: how we live and how we stay alive. It’s more than Xs & Os. It’s not a playbook. It’s a belief system, an ideology and an ideal that sets a high-standard of living – dual meaning. Underdog survival and living abundantly to beat rich teams with poor teams.
- The faster we accelerated our offense between 1985-1991, the faster players cut themselves. The speeding process took 7 years to floor it into overdrive. Players loved the thought of playing a warp-speed no-huddle but 90% didn’t love the conditioning needed to #RunIt. It takes serious balls to #RunIt.
- Building Championship No-huddle starts with #ShiftWork – dramatically shifting love-hate relationships with hard work including more sprints, sled, supersets.
- The entire SWAT no-huddle installation plan consists of #ConstructionWork – dual meaning. (i) serious work to build more. (ii) serious building to work more.
- Working more means working overtime – dual meaning. Working harder and harder over a long period of time. It means working beyond the normal workload by overloading.
- Warp-speed no-huddle builds 2-way pressure – on their defense and on over offense.
- Our pressure starts with performance anxiety. It’s easy to say “I want the ball more” but it’s another story when you get the ball 3X more.
- When you get more passes thrown to you than you’ve ever experienced before, you either break under pressure or break through the pressure.
- When you have to carry the ball 3X more, its easy to quit when you get sore more.
- When you have to throw 3X more every #GameDay, you have to fight like hell not to throw the game away.
- If you’re afraid to work more, you will lose more.
- If you fear work, your no-huddle will never workout.
- There is no leadership challenge tougher than increasing a team’s work capacity. No exception. Xs & Os are important but Xs & Os are insignificant without the level of work ethic needed to run a warp-speed no-huddle.
- Building work ethic doesn’t just happen. It takes a structured curriculum of seamless learning & performance outcomes.
- Speed – multiple meanings – has been one of the top 26 essential elements that has contributed to beating The Rich with The Poor. Every multiple meaning of #speed depends on the high-speed pace of out SWAT no-huddle warp-speed.
- Conclusion – warp-speed no-huddle constitutes work, gut-spilling work. If you don’t increase your work-capacity, you decrease your win capacity.
New #Podcast compliments of X Fitness at: https://blunttalk.libsyn.com/1010-sound-system-gino-arcaro
Blessings & all good things