Thank you to #football #coaches for your questions last week. Here’s part of the answer:
The best Xs & Os are the ones built on #PersonalBests.
Here are the keys points we teach our players to build the Lifting Mindset that is an Existential Essential to poor programs like ours to beat rich teams:
- We teach our players that Xs & Os are not football panacea. Not even close.
- Xs & Os never have been our top priority and never will be. Xs & Os are a priority but nowhere near the top of the list.
- Xs &Os represent wishful thinking. You wish the play will happen the way its drawn up. But wishing won’t work. And wishing won’t work out.
- Xs & Os are missing body-parts. Xs & Os on paper are missing heart, soul, guts, and balls. Without those body-parts, Xs & Os are meaningless.
- Xs & Os are Best-Case Scenarios. That means that Xs & Os require streaks of #PersonalBests in the weight room to become the best-case scenario.
- The Law of Proportion governs Xs & Os efficacy – more #PersonalBests in your workouts, more chance your Xs & 0s workout.
- We teach players to never, ever place Xs & Os in first place of priorities. Working out always have been our #1 priority – supersets, sprints, sled. Best Xs & Os are derivatives of workout #personalbests.
- The size of Xs & Os are determined by the size of the essential body-parts. Scheme is just a dream without training clean – multiple meanings.
- Setting Mindset toward Sets & Reps is more important than Xs & Os Mindset.
- Invest the right quality & quantity of sets & reps, Xs & Os won’t be just wishful thinking. Intention will convert to commission. Commission converts to production. Production converts to passion. And vice-versa.
- Your biggest play happens during Training Day. There’s no magic play that wins on #Gameday. The biggest play is produced every Training Day where every set exceeds your past settled Mindset. Your mindset will never change until your sets change.
- Our SWAT no-huddle Xs & Os on offense, defense & special teams are all woven into the fabric of our X Fitness Workouts. They are deeply & profoundly connected.
Conclusion: We don’t recruit players. We recruit something more important – muscle fibre in mind-body-soul. Our program has an Open-Admission Policy – multiple meanings. That policy has always worked out for us – multiple meanings.
X Fitness has been committed to giving free coaching for athletes & coaches for 45 years. This #podcast is episode #1,137 compliments of X Fitness at: https://blunttalk.libsyn.com/1137-reallifedeath-coach-standing-room-only-gino-arcaro
Here is a Motivational Video at: https://www.facebook.com/435597646542270/videos/3195584347210239
More motivational videos are at our Instagram acct: https://www.instagram.com/xfitnesswelland/?hl=en &. https://www.instagram.com/p/CMI6Sz3DH9n/
And more motivational videos and content on our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/xfitness.welland
Blessings and all good things