Hereâ€™s my Super Bowl prediction:
– I predict there will be 100% vicarious living on Super Bowl Sunday.
– I predict there will be 100% attendance in front of the TV watching other people live out their athletic dreams.
– I predict that there will be 100% attendance hoping that millionaires get their championship rings before they do.
– I predict there will never be 100% attendance at our indoor off-season camp on March 2 or at any other teamâ€™s camp anywhere else.
– I predict there will never be 100% attendance in the gym preparing to win your own ring.
– I predict that there will never be 100% attendance at any practice during the entire season because itâ€™s easier to wildly cheer for the success of NFL players than work for your own success.
– I predict that no one will miss the Super Bowl because watching other people win rings is easier than showing up to win your own.
– I predict that those who throw away their chance to reach their own athletic potential will be haunted by regret after their playing careers are done.
In conclusion, itâ€™s easy to bullshit yourself and others. Itâ€™s easy to bullshit any one to believe that you want to be a football player when you donâ€™t want to truly pay the price. Itâ€™s easy to bullshit yourself and the world that you love the game when you really love only the fame. Itâ€™s easy to bullshit yourself and the world that you want success but you donâ€™t want to give what it takes. Itâ€™s easy to want full return with no investment. Itâ€™s easy to build illusion with delusion because reality is too painful. Thereâ€™s no greater inner hell than not being true to yourself. A world of opportunities will open up when you stop bullshitting yourself. You will not win a ring on Super Bowl Sunday. If watching others win their rings is more important than you winning your own, thatâ€™s perfectly fine. Just donâ€™t complain about it later.
48 days left to indoor off-season mini-camp. I guarantee the attendance will be higher in front of TV sets on Super Bowl Sunday than at day one of mini-camp. There’s a cost to pay for a championship ring. No discounts.
Owner â€“ X Fitness Inc.
Head coach â€“ Oakville Longhorns football team
Author â€“ Soul of a Lifter