Here’s my Super Bowl prediction:
– I predict there will be 100% vicarious living on Super Bowl Sunday.
– I predict there will be 100% attendance in front of the TV watching other people live out their athletic dreams.
– I predict that there will be 100% attendance hoping that millionaires get their championship rings before they do.
– I predict there will never be 100% attendance at our indoor off-season camp on March 2 or at any other team’s camp anywhere else.
– I predict there will never be 100% attendance in the gym preparing to win your own ring.
– I predict that there will never be 100% attendance at any practice during the entire season because it’s easier to wildly cheer for the success of NFL players than work for your own success.
– I predict that no one will miss the Super Bowl because watching other people win rings is easier than showing up to win your own.
– I predict that those who throw away their chance to reach their own athletic potential will be haunted by regret after their playing careers are done.
In conclusion, it’s easy to bullshit yourself and others. It’s easy to bullshit any one to believe that you want to be a football player when you don’t want to truly pay the price. It’s easy to bullshit yourself and the world that you love the game when you really love only the fame. It’s easy to bullshit yourself and the world that you want success but you don’t want to give what it takes. It’s easy to want full return with no investment. It’s easy to build illusion with delusion because reality is too painful. There’s no greater inner hell than not being true to yourself. A world of opportunities will open up when you stop bullshitting yourself. You will not win a ring on Super Bowl Sunday. If watching others win their rings is more important than you winning your own, that’s perfectly fine. Just don’t complain about it later.
48 days left to indoor off-season mini-camp. I guarantee the attendance will be higher in front of TV sets on Super Bowl Sunday than at day one of mini-camp. There’s a cost to pay for a championship ring. No discounts.
Owner – X Fitness Inc.
Head coach – Oakville Longhorns football team
Author – Soul of a Lifter