Hereâ€™s Real-Life Lesson #1,951 that Iâ€™ve taught to football players for 40 years and college law enforcement students for two decades: what pisses you off may be a sign of your calling.
Discernment of calling isnâ€™t easy. Figuring out what to do when you grow up is a mystery that has to be solved through intense investigation by reading the signs. One sign is what pisses you off. That which pisses you off may be a clue about what you are called to do. It may be a sign that you are called to fix what is Fâ€™d-up. Here’s Real-Life Lesson #3,122 that Iâ€™ve taught players and students: If itâ€™s Fâ€™d-up, clean it up or shut up. If you not willing to clean it up, stop throwing up. Donâ€™t complain about the problem if you wonâ€™t solve it.
A lot has pissed me off in the last month. The list includes but is not limited to:
- The cost of hydro bills.
- The depressing economy that I live in and own a business in.
- Public safety.
- Medical care – specifically the shameful, unconscionable lack of full hospitals in certain cities.
I am considering running for office on a platform designed to change the depressing economy, to change the depressing cost of living, to change public safety, and to change education. Â Iâ€™m making a pro-con list to decide whether to run or lift for office. Hereâ€™s the list so far:
- Try to change laws to to protect our loved ones.
- Try to revitalize economically dead communities.
- Try to re-open full hospitals in cities that used to have full hospitals.
- Try to make our education system the best in the world.
- Try to give hope for our children, their children, and all future generations.
- I canâ€™t work for anyone anymore. I used to when I was 18 but things have changed. I canâ€™t follow a party leader who tells you how to vote.
- I canâ€™t and wonâ€™t sit behind a desk in parliament or council meeting for a number of reasons.
- Iâ€™m not convinced that politicians truly can make a difference.
- I believe you can change the world without a government job.
- I canâ€™t miss workouts for cocktail parties, grand openings, and selfies.
- Iâ€™m not a morning person.
- Coaching football is more fun.
- I canâ€™t give up my Blunt Talk Podcast.
- I have to fill in as X Fitness Boot Camp Coach for Leeann Arcaro-King who will be on maternity leave any day.
- I have a job already delivering papers with my grandchildren.
Iâ€™ve never understood why itâ€™s called â€œrunning for office.â€ It should be called â€œlifting for office.â€ The job of any politician is to lift, not run. If I decide to run for office, it will be lifting for office. If I decide to run or lift for office, I will run and lift as leader of a new party because thereâ€™s no way I can work for any party leader. I have two potential names for our new party:
- X Party
- Lifting Party
- Blunt Talk Party
Life is too short to be pissed off every day. Life is too short to work with pissed off people and work for pissed off people. Life is too short not to lift. Dual meaning. Lift is too short to miss workouts and life is too short to miss out on lifting souls. The world has enough miserable, depressing people. The world needs more lifters. Planet Earth needs more souls of lifters. There is no greater reward than lifting souls by putting up ladders for others. No title, no material possession, no immaterial possession comes close. Be more or be less â€“ itâ€™s your biggest choice today.
Nothing is more fulfilling than soul-lifting. People have lifted you up, now itâ€™s your turn to do the same. When someone is broken down or broken up, lift them up. Encourage the broken to break obstacles that are limiting them. Train like your life depends on it. Train for those who depend on you. Once you’re out of shape for good, you’re out of shape for bad. Blunt Talk Podcast has been privileged to have had 123 guests in the past 18 months, having reached 61 countries. Each guest is a soul-lifter. All 123 episodes are free, permanently archived downloads compliments of X Fitness. Every episode includes an opening motivational speech and a Top 1000 Workout Song of the Week. Each guest, each episode is guaranteed to lift. X Fitness is committed to lift, to the celebration of Good Inspirational News Only. Thereâ€™s enough depressing news. We wonâ€™t add to it. Here is the link to Blunt Talk Podcast:Â www.BluntTalk.Libsyn.com
Blessings & all good things.
Gino Arcaro M.Ed., B.Sc., Level 3 NCCP (Natâ€™l Coaching Certification Program)
Head coach â€“ Niagara X-men football
Owner – X Fitness Inc.
Host – BLUNT TALK PODCAST http://blunttalk.libsyn.com/
Gino Arcaro is a widely published author. His website, blog, Youtube channel, and list of SWAT FOOTBALL Books are at: www.ginoarcaro.com
His books include:
4th & hell: seasons 1 and 2, Soul of a Lifter, SWAT No-Huddle Offense, SWAT Defense, SWAT Tackling Video & e-book, Â X Fitness Workout System, and a 3 business book series called Soul of an Entrepreneur
He also has written 20 editions of 6 law enforcement academic textbooks. A new 8-volume interrogation book series will be released in 2014. And just released, a new childrenâ€™s book called â€œBE FIT â€“ DONâ€™T QUIT.â€ The first stage of his new Blunt Talk e-books is now for sale. He is currently writing three non-fiction novels book called The Mystery of Murder: Working with the dead, Midnight Shift from Hell, and Another Bar Fight. Another book on human potential called â€œHashtag Peaceâ€ is at the editing stage.
His SWAT FOOTBALL BOOKS are at: