The #1 reason for quarterbacks’ failed potential is the coaching addiction to complexity. Football coaches who are obsessed with complicating the game are the #1 killers of QB potential.
Quarterbacking is the toughest job in all of sports because of the following 4 unique challenges:
- QBs are targets of extreme violence on every single play.
- Unlike boxers and MMA fighters, QBs are targets for shots after shots without the ability to attack or counter-attack with their own shots.Â
- QBs depend on others on teammates for protection.
- No position in all of sports depends on processing more quantity of information on every play and making more high-quality Rapid Decision-Making (RDM).
No position in all of sports is tougher to develop than quarterbacking. No sport position requires a higher Reality IQ, defined as the combined effect of #streetsmarts and #booksmarts under intense 5th degree pressure. IQ is not created equal. There is Life-and-Death IQ that requires practical application of knowledge when life & health are on the line. Then there is Classroom IQ, the intelligence applied in the extreme comfort of the #SafePlace, inside a classroom or lab.
If your QB is underachieving, one of the 51 reasons is coaching ineptitude. The #1 reason for coaching ineptitude is addiction to complexity – making football as complicated and confusing as humanly possible. A confused QB will never, ever reach football #LevelPotential, referring to maximum potential at his current level. Confused QBs usually get labeled as failures – canâ€™t make the cut. Stereotyping QBs as failures is the cheap, easy way to cover-up coaching incompetence.
There are 2 main reasons for the Football Coachesâ€™ addiction to complexity are:
- Conformity. Everyone else does it. Join the crowd. Fit in.
- Intense fear. Fear of being different. Frightened to be original. Suffering from Approval Junkie Syndrome.
Here’s what I have taught all my assistant coaches for decades:
- The #1 #secret to developing a QBâ€™s God-given gifts and talents fully is to simplify the game as much as humanly possible.
- Put your coaching ego aside. Donâ€™t try to impress yourself, the rest of your team, and the world with how much you know.
- When you simplify the game as much as humanly possible, your QB will achieve 5th Degree High-Performance. 100% Guaranteed.
Blessings + all good things