Thank you to #football #coaches for your questions. Here’s the next part of the answer.
Here’s Real Life&Death Lesson #26,116 that I’ve taught football players, college law enforcement students & women lifting teams for 45 years: No point, no points. That means – No point of working out, no points on #GameDay & #Hiring Day.
Here are the key points I’ve taught over 25,000 students & athletes for 45 years:
- There is no point in playing contact sports if you believe there’s no point in working out.
- Pounds connect to points – dual meaning. (i) Excess body-weight pounds reduces points scored. (ii) Excess pounds of weight lifted increases points. Guaranteed. 100%. Fact.
- Every football practice is primarily a strength & conditioning workout that results in skill, speed, stamina in mind-body-soul.
- Same applies to every classroom.
- Every gut-spilling workout on the field, off the field, is a transformative spiritual experience.
- Every gut-spilling workout on the field, off the field, builds the elusive Winning Culture, the PMS – Post-Modern Society – phrase that is regurgitated and recycled in press conferences, interviews, articles, and social media posts. Sounds like fun until it has to be done.
- Lift together, learn together, bond together. Intense exertion physically and intellectually is the essential symbiotic element of team growth, transformation, evolution, and unification that changes an ordinary team into a Joint Forces Unit that becomes a Force of Nature & Nurture.
- If football doesn’t translate to lifetime lifting, you’re missing the point.
- If football doesn’t translate to lifetime-earning, you’re missing the point.
- If football doesn’t translate to lifetime-saving, you’re missing the point.
- Lifetime lifting, lifetime saving, lifetime earning are all deeply and profoundly connected.
- The standard football cliche is that football translates into real-life winning, success, character, etc. Then why is lifetime physical fitness not always a part of that translation?
- If football doesn’t translate to lifetime lifting & physical fitness, then the point was missed. That’s my message to all 25,000-plus students-athletes. What was the point of all this if you see no point of lifting & working out for the rest of your life?
- The main point of athletics is to learn lifelong lessons to stay in shape. That’s the main point. If you get out of shape, the point was missed.
- We teach our players that football is primarily a strength contest, a fitness contest played-out after you workout. Not the other way around. #Gameday is not a workout to get in shape. #Gameday is the outcome of getting in shape.
- If you don’t work out, there is zero sense in playing it out.
- Building mind-body-soul strength is the #1 player-safety strategy.
- It is humanly impossible to play safe by playing it safe. The Safe Place is the same comfortable place that drops you to last place.
- Safe Places are places that do not challenge you in mind-body-soul.
- Our football program always has been and always will be a year-round S&M program – strength & muscle program. The reason is that working out works out.
- If you stop working out, the whole thing didn’t work out.
- Quit working out makes the whole thing no point.
X Fitness has been committed to free coaching for athletes & coaches for 45 years. This #podcast is episode #1,092 compliments of X Fitness at:
Blessings and all good things