Here’s Real Life&Death Lesson #23,119 that I’ve taught football players & college law enforcement students for 4 decades – go for it. Multiple meanings:
- 4th down is not a matter of life&death.
- Never believe that 4th down is a matter of life&death because it will skew your worldview.
- Life is extremely short. Go for it so you never fall short.
- Never shorten your life by living in the safest place because the safe place will become a Dangerous Place when it becomes a conformist Complacent Place.
- Go for it on 4th down – always. If you don’t get it – dual meaning – you will never get it – dual meaning.
- If you don’t get it, teach your defense to get it back.
- If you cannot get 10 yards in 4 downs, you deserve to lose.
- Fear of 4th down is unnatural.
- 4th down is not one the top 51 real life& death fears.
- Unnatural fear of 4th down will translate into unnatural real-life fear of what should not be feared.
- Save your Fear Energy for what truly needs to be feared.
- Fear Energy is a gift. Don’t waste it on what The Establishment tells you to fear.
Here’s what changed my 4th down philosophy, what started our no-kicking streak, and why we go for it on every 4th down and go for two after every touchdown:
- In 1984, I got promoted to head high school football coach and detective at the same age – 26.
- We kicked on every 4th down in my rookie head coach season where we ended up in dead-last, with an embarrassing winless 0-10 season where we never were competitive at any time, and had the score run up 10 times – dual meaning. In all ten games and 10X the point differential.
- My rookie detective year was filled with Unnatural Death – dual meaning. (i) suicides and murders (ii) unnatural numbers of death.
- I had to knock on a door at 2am and tell a mother that her 19 year old son was dead.
- I had to tell another mother that her two sons had shot each, one to death and the other to near death.
- I had to tell several families devastating news – that my investigations proved their Loved Ones had committed suicides.
- Working with the Dead changed my entire worldview of living.
- Going for it in all aspects of my life became a natural choice.
- Going for it led to changing professions, getting my #DreamJobs, starting 2 high-risk businesses from scratch, a 51 year workout streak in-progress, winning a lot more football games that we never won before, helping hundreds of college law enforcement students & football players go for it to reach the #NextLevel.
- It worked because we worked out. Not just ordinary workouts. Outworking workouts. If you don’t work out, it won’t work out.
New #podcast compliments of X Fitness at: https://blunttalk.libsyn.com/1024-reallifedeath-coach-choose-a-basement-gino-arcaro
Blessings & all good things