“We don’t have enough talent” is one of the top 51 sources of evidence that proves an assistant coach is not ready to be an #OffensiveCoordinator.
“We don’t have enough talent” is code for:
- I don’t know how to develop players.
- I want to take the easy way out and recruit elite players who were built by someone else.
- I want to be a recruiter instead of a coach.
The word #talent is the most butchered word in sports, by fans, TV self-professed experts, coaches, administrators, and parents. The misuse of the word #talent is one of the top 26 #LeadBlockers that obstruct your career path to becoming your dream of a superstar #OffensiveCoordinator, your dream of becoming the next-big-thing who will be in wild demand and pursued by pro teams and universities, offering #BigMoney contracts to be a #BigTime #offensivecoordinator.
We don’t recruit superstars or blue-chippers, or the Top 100 or whatever label is placed on kids who the Football Establishment believe can help them #WinBig with the least amount of coaching effort. Where I coach, in the depths of Football Poverty, there are no drafts, no free agents, no trades. Instead, we have an open-admission policy that does not make our team an exclusive country club for the rich to get richer. Our open-admission policy is predicated on the challenge that drives our Heat of Passion for coaching – #ToLift, #ToBuild.
We believe in our will and capacity #ToLift – dual meaning. First: to lift more weight in the gym than any other team. Second: to lift more souls higher, deeper, and more profoundly than any other team.
To earn the #offensivecoordinator title in our program, you need the following qualifications:
- Proven will and capacity to lift #TheLeast, referring to those who the Football Establishment consider untalented. Every human is born with God-given gifts and talents. Our #1 coaching job in our program is to build – to develop that talent, regardless of how minimal it is, in order to beat #Goliath.
- Proven will and capacity #ToLift in the gym. The weight room is the great equalizer. Building 5th Degree S&M – strength & muscle – compensates for lesser degree of God-given gifts and talents.
- The gym builds bigger heart, bigger balls, two factors that will beat undeveloped natural talent every time.
- You beat #Goliaths with bigger stones, not with Xs and Os.
- Our main competitive objective is to beat the #Rich&Famous with the #Poor&Anonymous.
- Our #offensivecoordinator position has two mission statements – #KeepLifting #KeepBuilding.
- Every student-athlete has limitless potential. No exception. Don’t complain about #LackOfTalent. Just build the talent you have on your team.
- Our #offensivecoordinator is not a selector of talent. He’s a #lifter and #builder that develops talent.
- Our #offensivecoordinator must have 5th Degree Commitment to making every player #strongerandsmarter instead of searching for #betterplayers that others made #strongerandsmarter.
- The greatest reward is coaching #TheLeast with the least. Make the most out of #TheLeast with the least.
- If you want to search for talent to make your #offensivecoordinator job easier, get a job at university or the pros where you can pick talent, sign talent, trade for talent to fill voids, instead of busting your ass and do the heavy lifting to develop talent.
- Be obsessed with lifting and building. #KeepLifting #KeepBuilding
Continued in part 3
Blessings + all good things