Gino Arcaro M.Ed., B.Sc., NCCP Level 3
Gino Arcaro has a unique 39-year professional career including policing, college teaching/program coordinating, published writing, strength training, business, and football coaching. He is the Head Coach of the Niagara X-Men, a collegiate club team formed in 2003 to compete in the USA against NCAA D3 JV teams and American community colleges.
In 1975, he became a police officer with the Niagara Regional Police Force at age 18.
His 15 years of police experience included:
- 9 years: uniform patrol branch as a patrol officer and SWAT team member (3 years) and
- 6 years: detective in the criminal investigation branch.
College teaching/program coordinator experience:
20 years as professor, including 11 years as program coordinator, of two law enforcement programs at Niagara College, Welland, Ontario – Police Foundations and Law & Security Administration.
Football Coaching experience:
- 40 seasons: five levels (high school, OVFL, CJFL, college and semi-pro)
- 30 seasons as head coach including:
- Hamilton Wildcats (semi-pro/senior), leading them to a 20-2 record during the team’s first two seasons which included a 9-0 American semi-pro season the first year
- Hill Park High School (Hamilton, Ontario)
- Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School (Hamilton, Ontario)
- Port Colborne High School (Port Colborne, Ontario)
- Niagara Colts (OVFL – under 20)
- Oakville Longhorns (semi-pro/senior)
- Niagara X-Men (USA community colleges and NCAA D-3 JV)
- 9 seasons as defensive coordinator and special team’s coordinator with the Burlington Braves of the CJFL (22 years and under)
- 14 editions of 6 law enforcement textbooks
- Over 100 case law/policing articles published by three law enforcement publications
- Twelve football articles have been published by three coaching publications
- 9 non-fiction novel: Soul of a Lifter, 4th & Hell Season 1, eXplode: The X Fitness Training System, Fat Losing: The Psychology of Fat Fighting, Selling H.E.L.L. in Hell, True Confessions, SWAT Offense, SWAT Defense, Be Fit Don’t Quit
- Research paper: Effects of 9/11 on Law Enforcement in the Niagara Region
- “Open-Admission teaching model'”: Teaching Conference: Concordia University, Montreal
- “The reality of college teaching: Open-Admission strategies” New York City: College League of Innovation Conference.
- “Interrogation: Best Practices Model”: crime conference, Brock University, St. Catharines Ont.
- 45 years of strength training experience including 25 years as strength coach. Designed the X Fitness strength program and has coaching a wide range of athletes who have reached elite levels in football, hockey, mixed martial arts, power lifting, and bodybuilding.
- Founder/president of X Fitness, a 24-hour access gym located in Welland Ont.
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Education, Partial PhD dissertation
- Level 3 NCCP (National Coaches Certification Program)