Business Truth – Losing is not created equal
The gym I own, X Fitness, is in its 3rd shutdown by the govt. In my business, losing is not created equal!
Here’s a quote yesterday from the Premiere of Ontario, Doug Ford.
“The only few things that aren’t open are, you know, the indoor dining which is going to happen, and really outside of the casinos and the strip joints, they’re the only three things that aren’t open now, I’ll be honest with you, everything else seems to be moving forward but again we have to be cautious about the delta variant, and the gyms.”
Does anyone know what this means for gyms?
Can anyone translate the last sentence?
I can’t count how many business questions I get from people on social media who want free consulting; from social media contacts who will try to scrounge anything for free without ever buying anything from my business. Here’s free advice to all those who have asked for free business advice:
1. We don’t own or control our gym right now. The government does.
2. I get ridiculous messages every day on social media from people who want to sell me and my gym something and everything. I send the same answer: “My gym is shut down for the 3rd time. I can’t afford the time, effort, or money to buy what you are selling.” Then I include my website that sells books, videos, podcasts and a monthly membership for only $9.99. Not one has ever bought anything. They try to sell but never buy.
3. Then they post IBS (Internet BullShit) about “moving forward, not quitting, finding your why, finding your passion so you’ll never work another day in your life, leaving your comfort zone.” It’s all IBS. It’s self-help delusion. Fairy tales and fiction. You have you to work your ass off 365-24-7 to not go broke selling fitness. You have to grow the biggest set of balls to not break in mind-body-soul.
4. The story of a self-generated business is not a romance novel. There is endless pain and suffering that you have to struggle through to not go broke.
5. I was a cop for 15 years. I was a college teacher and program coordinator for 20 years. They paid me every week no matter what. Win, lose, draw, everyone got paid, everyone got paid the same. Opening my own business was culture shock. If you don’t generate your own income, you go broke. You lose everything. The lifestyle you have will cease to exist.
6. The Football Establishment loves to post bullshit leadership advice about how lessons learned in sport translates to real-life. It’s bullshit because football is a game. Repeat: A GAME. Leadership is not created equal. Leadership is expressed, manifested, and defined when you face losing it all. I coached football for free for 40 years. Nothing I have learned in football translates to saving your business from not going broke when the gov’t shuts you down 3 times in 18 months. Self-generated business is not a game.
7. Fighting against going broke in business is a deadly source of killer-stress. I never have and never will listen to the IBSers who tell you to leave your comfort zone and set goals and find your passion and build a mindset and never work another day in your life. I have a 51-year workout streak in-progress. All the positive thinking bullshit will not keep me working out, for life, and will not save the life of my business. Work will. Work will keep my 51-year workout streak alive. Work will keep my business alive.
Thank you for all your questions about working out, football, law enforcement jobs, hiring, business and writing. Find out how to never work another day, along with all the answers to the questions you’ve asked, about how to get #BigMuscles and #BigMoney, at our rebuilt website by purchasing a monthly membership subscription. You’ll receive audio, video and ebo0ks every month.
My podcast is Blunt Talk Podcast
Blessings and all good things