Here’s Real Life&Death Lesson #23,822 from our SWAT No-Huddle System that I’ve taught football players for 40 years – no play is run in isolated. Here are the key points we teach:
- Each play we call is connected to past plays and future plays forming a Continuum of Plays that create #context.
- It’s humanly impossible to understand the deep meaning of any play without putting it in context.
- Memorizing and recalling plays is the worst form of play-calling
- Call a play and recalling it constitutes regurgitation, not deep comprehension.
- Contextual Learning is the heart & soul of our SWAT No-Huddle System.
- We don’t memorize. We translate.
- The above formation is one example of a point-of-reference that we use to teach a limitless concept.
- This formation can build unlimited pass plays and running plays at the line of scrimmage without a conventional playbook, without winging it, without needing a gigantic coaching staff, and without all the limitless resources that rich teams have.
- The formation is a 3×1 11 – trips, single-back, single TE.
- The formation is the product of 2 shifts – the Charlie receiver from right to left slot and the X-man from the backfield to the left slot.
- The 3-receiver side forms a Slot-Bunch, referring to a Wishbone formation that has won a ton of games and championships for us when used the Wishbone in the backfield.
- Slot-Bunch transfers the Wishbone from the backfield to the left slot.
- The 4 receivers run a limitless combination of slant patterns that attack 3 depth-levels of the downfield midline or cross it.
- The slant patterns are measured by degrees – 15 degrees, 45 degrees, 75 degrees.
- 15-45-75 degree routes have no vertical release. The first step is either 15-45-75 degrees.
- Objective – gain separation by sprinting one straight path at different angles that gains maximum separation – dual meaning. From each other and from defenders.
- The 15-45-75 passing concept are both zone-busters and man-busters.
- The head coach and QB use the SWAT play-calling system. They collaborate on the call at the LOS. The head coach calls the front-side. The QB calls the backside. All within 8 seconds after the ball is spotted.
- The same route concepts are used for downfield blocking on running plays.
- We don’t read defenses.
- We don’t use read progressions.
- The QB applies the SWAT B.O.M.B. principle – Best Open Man Board – instead of the conventional read progression.
- B.O.M.B. requires The QB to see The Board, scan it, find the open-man using Instinct & Intuition developed by #AfterBurner Reps – high-intensity superset practice reps.
Make the Most with The Least. Build the best with the worst.
New podcast compliment of X Fitness at: https://blunttalk.libsyn.com/1031-reallifedeath-coach-fear-of-ridicule-gino-arcaro
Blessings & all good things